Saturday, September 22, 2007

The First Blog

"2, 1, go!" I just sighed as I listened to my coach yell at us to start yet another set. As you can guess I was at the pool yet again. I couldn't believe that I was actually swimming for Davis High School. The fact that DHS even had a team was amazing I thought as I took a deep breath and kicked off of the wall, yet again. I was really starting to wonder if I needed air when spots started to appear under my eyelids. But it is normally by this time that I finally touch the wall and take a huge gasping breath. Most people say that thinking to yourself none stop is crazy, but I mean, what else are you supposed to do during a non-stop 500 yard swim? It is barely audible under the water but yes, the coach is yelling at us to swim faster again! I am continuously thinking, "Well how are we supposed go faster with this many people?" but somehow the pace always picks up. Isn't it amazing how a lot of the time you know the person by their suit color or design better than you know their face? And then, wham, I can't feel my wrist. These lanes are so small! How am I supposed to swim when I am continuously getting nailed by someone in the other lane? I mean it takes the other guy out too, and I don't think that he appreciates it either. But then the needle hits the top and we're of again! One, two, three, four, five, and bam I kick off the wall again. I have a million things to think about; am I to deep? Did I kick off to early? I am Pacing the first 25 right? Ah... It's all those things that make swimming a difficult sport mentally when you have already been burned out at school. You know going through Mr. T's class Money's, etc. But then there is always the physical part, football players have problems doing what us swimmers do. I mean, how many football players do you see that can swim a 100 yard Freestyle in under one minute? And then there is Breastroke, most people can not even swim that stroke properly, the same with Butterfly most people do this weird dead fish flopping type stroke! Swimming is even a full contact sport, I have had people fall in on top of me, whack me. I know a kid who kicked in the face so hard it cracked his goggles. And then bam, I get whacked in the face, that subject seems like it is jinxed. Oh man now my eye hurts, and it might blacken up on me. I wear Swedish goggles they have absolutely NO padding, it is plastic against face. Most people can't even wear them because they take about a month to get used to. Now can you imagine getting whacked in the face while wearing these? But hey, I guess that is the average 5 minutes of practice for a competitive swimmer.

10 comments:

Mads said...

Wow. I really liked how you described that. You make your writing interesting. I know that a lot of people could've said what you just did in like a hundred words, and I'd get bored after about just ten...

It's cool that you're on the DHS swim team!

Panda Girl said...

Whoa good blog :)
LOL in swimming I get kicked a lot too; but every sport has its dangers.

Border Walker said...

Well, I know nothing about swimming, in tennis, you have that same thought process. Right aafter you hit the ball, or even during, you think, "Was that too soon? Too late? Wrong angle? Wrong spin? And you have to be able to run up and down about 50 feet in about 3 seconds, when at the net, you have barely a second to position, swing, and angle the ball. Like you I never seem to stop thinking through it!

Panda Girl said...

LOL Blue Cheese and Border Walker, you are both obssessed with your sports! :D

I.N.H. said...

Wow I had to do a five hundred too but that was thursday. I also can't stand swedish googles at all they just hurt to much. And I do not sluff second period ever will or any other class.

UTBreastroker said...

Ha Ha........ Panda Girl just because you're uncomited........

And border walker....well.......

And swim chick..... Do you like coach????????????????????????

I.N.H. said...

Yah panda girl you nerd. just kidding. You should swim. 4 LAYTON!!!!!!!!!!!! and I do like coach but he says my name wrong. thats all i don't like about him. don't sluff second!

Panda Girl said...

Hey hey, thought I already explained this... I didn't want Crypto, AND I will swim, just not HS sorry.

I.N.H. said...

Ya right Cryto is all over enless Nayethzi gets in the pool!!!!! BUT she wouldn't because she cares about everyone. ALMOST everyone.

UTBreastroker said...

Krypto is something that gets in the pool if an infected person does something in it. Besides, they super chlorinate every Wendsday and Saturday night!