Sunday, October 7, 2007

My First Official Book Review

I know that it is funny but I just read the books “Eragon” for the first time in my life. I don’t know how many of you read my response to the discussion question #2 but it fits this book exactly. I think that “Eragon” was, in a way, and outlet for me. It was one of those books were I could just loose myself in a different world and not worry about any of my problems, but instead, just read about the problems of others. I know that it sounds kind of mean, but sometimes it is just nice to read about others problems and not you own. In this book (for those of you who have not read it) the main characters are Eragon, and Saphira, they start this epic journey at a very young age. The meet many people and things that most of us only dream of. Their journey starts at a little village by the name of Carvahall, from there an old story teller by the name of Brom leads them through the massive empire to escape from the evil king. When they finally escape they join a rebellion named the “Varden”, during their stay with the Varden they are attacked by an army sent by the evil king. The army comprised mainly of urgals, weird ram like beings. During the fight Eragon fights a Shade, which is a being that is possessed by an evil spirit. In the end he manages to run his sword through the Shade’s heart which killed it instantly. This provided the distraction needed for the Varden’s army to turn on the Urgals and overturn the battle and win. This is about where the author lets this book off and continues into the next book, called “Eldest.” This book mainly comprises of Eragon’s cousin’s problems with the empire, as well as the Varden’s. But mainly it tells of the training that Eragon and Saphira go through to prepare for the next battle against the empire. Overall these books are probably some of the best that I have read for some time. I think that these books are extremely well written, and that the author has done a very good job expressing some of his imagination- no matter how wild it may seem. But I personally can’t wait for the third book in this series. I think that it will answer many questions that people may have come up with in the two books that he has already written. Although I personally wouldn’t mind if he kept going on for many more books, maybe into a fourth or fifth book. The kind of world he has created in these books could go on forever and many books, but I think there is a limit on how far you can stretch it. But I wait excitedly for the third book.

5 comments:

UTBreastroker said...

Sorry guys, I know that this wasn't the greatest blog in the world, but hey, I pulled it off. I am anxious to hear what you all have to say about "Eragon and Eldest!"

Panda Girl said...

Yeah I liked reading Eragon and Eldest too; I wonder when the next book is coming out. Have you seen the movie of Eragon though? It's not very good, I was disappointed because they cut out way too many parts from the book.

Unknown said...

You weren't the only one who hasn't read Eragon, I haven't. But it is the next book that I am going to read. And I thought the movie was ok. It wasn't the best!

Kar Kar said...

Actually, I didn't really like it. I tried to like, but I just couldn't get through even the beginning of the book. It was totally dragging for me. I didn't really like the movie either, though I can see why people do like it.

Rocket Boy said...

yeah that is a good book