Sunday, November 11, 2007

The End of Term.

This last week we all were affected by yet another end of term. It’s hard to believe that we are a quarter of the way through our last year in the junior high. We all received the dreaded report cards and from talking to most of you it seems that you all did quite well. But on the subject of report cards it comes time to ask, do you think that Honors English is benefiting you for the good or do you think that you are wasting you time by having to complete all of the assignments it requires you to do on your own? My answer to that question would have to be that it is definitely benefiting me for the good. It kind of excites me to think that in ninth grade I will already have an “Honors” showing on my report card. And it requires very little effort on your part once you think about it. But staying on the topic of Honors classes, a lot of you are taking Algebra II and this just so happens to be an Honors class as well. Do you guys think that this class is a benefit or do you think that it is one that the school should do away with and devote that time and money to other courses? And now just like I did on the last question I will answer it first and then I want you guys to tell me what you think on the comments. I think that Algebra II is a great thing to have at Fairfield Junior High. I also think that we are lucky we have a teacher who is willing to teach us to the best of her abilities, and who is willing to help us if we need help. I do not even think that Algebra II is that hard of a class considering the fact that it is High School Level.

And now for the final question, what do you think of Honors classes in general? Are you glad that we have the chance to take them, or are you kind of mad because it makes you make choices on what you want to do with your education? Do you think that they should do away with Honors and/or A.P. classes and make everybody take the same classes regardless? So here is my answer again, I think that we are definitely lucky to have the chance to take Honors classes. Look at how it will benefit us in the end. By taking the kind of classes we do now it will affect what colleges look at us, what kind of job we get, and how we live our lives in the future. So ultimately in the end it does affect our lives. It almost worries you to already be affecting you life so early on. A lot of times this is the period of time that people ruin their lives. Sometimes it is through not focusing on their education and other times it might be through drugs and alcohol. So what do you think, what are the kinds of conclusions that you have?

2 comments:

Panda Girl said...

I'm really grateful that we have Honors classes available at our school. I like Honors classes because they allow us to learn at faster, and higher levels. Yeah, the classes do make us think of our future, but we're going to have to make decisions sooner or later.

Brain said...

Honors classes rock! Especially this one.