Monday, November 19, 2007

Not Again

Have any of you ever to been an event that lasted so long that you just couldn’t take it any more? And you kind of wanted to shoot yourself by the time it was all over. Well over the weekend I had such an event linked to a very long day. On Saturday I had to go to a high school swim meet that lasted for seven and a half hours, actually it was longer than that but I left a little bit early. There were 12 teems at this meet which is not even funny, the pool deck was so packed that there was nowhere that was dry. My team’s whole deck space seemed to be under water; half of it was the warm up/ cool down pool. Any ways there were over four heats of everything, when it came to the fifty freestyles there were 28 heats of them, which many take over half an hour to run through. By the time the meet was over and I had finally gotten home I get told that I got a call from the rocks and minerals coach for science Olympiad and he wants me to come take a test for Science Olympiad to determine if I am going to be on the team or not. So I head to his house, and what I thought was going to take a half and hour turned out to take over an hour and a half. There were a hundred and fifty eight rock specimens that had to be identified, and to boot there was a written test that was absolute murder. (How many of you have heard of triboluminesence?) So I finally got that done, and by this time it was about five o’ clock. When I get home I nearly get run over by my sisters and mom heading out the door way to a ballet. (They were performing in it) Luckily I didn’t have to show up for another hour to that thing. So during this hour of rest period I mainly tried to catch up on all the things that I had gotten behind in during the day. When my dad finally got home from work we had enough time to hurry and eat dinner and then head out the door to my sisters’ ballet. (The Nutcracker) The Nutcracker did not end until about twenty after nine, unfortunately we did not get home until about ten to ten. When this was finall all over I was absolutely exhausted I had gotten up at 6:00 am and now I would not get to bed until about ten forty-five. So have any you had a day like this recently? Or do you have days like this every time you walk out of your home? I know for a lot of you your lives are so jammed packed full that it seems that you hardly have time to take a nap. So let me know what do you think of you day? Good. Or Bad?

5 comments:

I.N.H. said...

I would have never thought that you had sisters.

Panda Girl said...

Wow that is a really long day! BTW congratulations on breaking your 100 Free record!
Yeah that Rocks and Minerals written test was hard :P
We actually took it last year too, but I didn't remember very much. I stayed there for about two hours :P

Brain said...

My sister was in the Nutcracker, too!

UTBreastroker said...

Lets see who's your sister??

Tell me @ school.

Brain said...

She was a cupcake, but if you want her name you'll have to ask me at school.