Saturday, March 1, 2008

Just Stay Positive.

Well I don’t know about anybody else, but I am glad that this week is just about completely over. I mean, at least, it has been a long one for me. Although next week is not exactly looking up for any of us in band either, seriously, 3 performances! That to me seems like quite a few to try and pack into one week, although with Jazz Band starting up we should start to get some comic relief…. (Those of you in Jazz Band last year know what I’m talking about, you others, you will soon find out…) But anyways I wasn’t exactly sure what I wanted to blog about this week because for obvious reasons you are all getting tired of Patriotism and Swimming. Because it seems that no one has even looked at my blog for the past month.

So what I decided to blog about today is going to be a little mixture of things I decided to talk about Science Olympiad to start with, and some of you will be able to relate to this. Science Olympiad hasn’t really been as fun this year and I’m not sure if it’s because of the fact that all of our ninth grade friends are gone, or simply because we have all done it enough that we are all starting to get a little too picky or just getting to serious, but for me the funest year was probably our seventh grade year. It seems that if there is going to be a year that Fairfield doesn’t go to Nationals it will probably be this year. Although I guess that if we stay positive anything can really happen. It’s not really a lack of skill on the team it is more the lack of coaching. With only one real coach (Mr. Erickson) it seems that it is really hectic trying to break in new coaches, which, 50% of the time, seem to be parents that just want to help.

So I guess what I really am trying to say today is that through it all, everything that has been happening, good or bad, we need to stay positive. Because if we stay positive, and keep that “air” about us that just says “I can do everything, no matter how hard it is, or how impossible it seems,” with this kind of attitude we can accomplish just about whatever we want to.

So now I kind of have a challenge for all of you who actually maybe read my blog, (including you Mr. Thompson) think of some of the media in our lives, you know, like music, movies, magazines, books, and whatnots. Now think about which ones encourage us to keep a positive outlook on life and help us get through our lives, now, for me, the easiest to think of is some of the music in our lives, there are some Van Halen songs that give us pretty positive messages… So as you think about these add a comment to this blog that gives your outlook on this and maybe some positive media you found.

5 comments:

Panda Girl said...

Ha ha, yeah, I feel like this might possibly be the year we don't go to Nationals! I would be disappointed if we didn't make it, but not too badly because I want to be here for Yearbook Day. But, positive! I've found some happy songs, too :D

Panda Girl said...

btw, "Just Stay Sositive."
Hahahahaha! ;)

Brain said...

OK, I'll keep being postitive, as usual...but only because you asked nicely!

Lots of Keys said...

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being positive makes me hyper... RAWR!!!!!! Maybe it was that cake I had earlier...

I.N.H. said...

I comment on your blog! Nobody ever comments on my blog so don't feel bad that nobody reads your post.