Monday, May 19, 2008

Miscellaneous #2

Well the war of the End-of-Levels has returned for its annual visit once again, just as it does every year. I have actually done really quite a lot better than I thought that I would, but I think the hardest one yet, is that darn Math test. Just a quick clarification- it is the Intermediate Algebra Honors test that I am talking about. (Wow, what a name...) I don’t know what you others thought about it who took it, but for me it was the hardest out of all the tests. I am more of a science nerd that I am a math nerd, as you may have guessed. But I tend to do a lot better in Science than I do Math, although Trig is actually Okay… But any ways I guess that by the time the Math test rolled around I was really starting to get sick and tired of taking tests, and what do you know, I have another one in math tomorrow. Now many of you may have already seen this, but this is a poem that my sister found on taking tests:

Test Prayer
Now I sit me down to study,I pray the Lord I won't go nutty.If I should fail to learn this junk, I pray the Lord I will not flunk.But if I do, don't pitty me at all,Just lay my bones down in the study hall.Tell my teacher I did my best.Then pile my books upon my chest.And when I lay me down to rest,I pray I'll pass tomorrow's test.If I should die before I wake,That's one less test I'll have to take.-Author Unknown-

Well it may not be quite as bad as what is depicted in this poem, we probably all feel like this at times, especially around those big ones. But I guess if we study and study hard we don’t really have anything to worry about but then there always is that little unknown fact that we always fear in a test, but then again, what makes a test, is always that little unknown factor I guess.

Tests don’t always present themselves in the written form that we always dread, they can present themselves in other ways through out our lives, like going through scouting, or lifeguarding, some may never know what any of these are like, but still we will all face them at sometime or another in our life, for most of us those tests will be in the next few years of our lives, like colleges, work, roommates, or other things that might appear to us as mid early year crisis’ to us at the time that they happen to us.

I guess what I really was trying to get at during this blog, as I have for so many other blogs, we all will face trials throughout our lives, and the kind of people we end up being depends on the choices we make as we face these trials.

No comments: