Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wow....

Well, it is kind of hard to believe, but yes, this is my last “official” blog. It has been quite the year and lots of lessons have been learned, and hopefully they will be continuously applied throughout the rest of our lives. I never really thought I would hear myself saying this, but I really am going to miss all of you, saying that over seventy five percent of you will be going to Layton High school. It is sad to believe that most of us will not be talking anymore after this year simply because we will not see each other again. Towards the end I have been really busy with getting ready for Olympiad and all, and you know, as I have thought about every person in this “class” I have thought of something that I could say to every one of you, and unfortunately those comments will never be said, and those conversations will never be held. I know that the reason most of you probably stopped reading my blog is simply because I am always so reminiscent, and I sound like some old geezer, but, well, I do not know what I really could say.

But as we leave this year lets all think about what we are actually leaving behind, that is exactly right, a legacy, it was three years in the making and now, the main part of it is complete, but now we move on to complete the other part, and that other part is what we make of the life that we started in this school, so we must remember that we must keep working to complete this legacy that we started. We will watch the seventh and eighth graders do the same that we have been doing. And once again, without noticing, I have started to ramble again. But really guys, we always need to try to be better as we will always have that younger generation watching us to see what they should do next. Se need to continue on and try our hardest to get better and try not to get tired with anything that we try to do.

Well on a bit lighter note… How but something funny

Police Humor

So, you thought that cops had no sense of humor… the following were taken off of actual police car videos around the country.

· “Relax. The handcuffs are tight because they’re new. They’ll stretch out after you wear
them awhile.”
· “Take your hands off the car, or I’ll make your birth certificate a worthless document.”
· “If you run, you’ll only go to jail tired.”
· “Can you run faster than 1,200 feet per second? In case you didn’t know, that is the
average speed of a 9mm bullet fired from my gun.”
· “So, you don’t know how fast you were going. I guess that means I can write anything I
want on the ticket, huh?”
· “Yes Sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don’t think it will help. I am the shift
supervisor?”
· “Warning! You want a warning? O.K., I’m warning you not to do that again or I’ll give you
another ticket.”
· “The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was
Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?”
· “Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven.”
· “In God we trust. All others we run through the NCIC.”
· “Just how big were those two beers?”
· “No, Sir, we don’t have quotas anymore. We used to have quotas, but now we’re allowed
to write as many tickets as we want.”
· “I’m glad to hear the chief of Police is a good personal friend of yours. At least you know
someone who can post your bail.”
· “You didn’t think we gave pretty women tickets? You’re right. We don’t. Sign here”


Well remember if any of you any need anything I am always here, and feel free to give me a call. And I will miss all of you.

5 comments:

I.N.H. said...

What if we don't really call people? JK I text most of the time now. Just not by the pool deck since...yah thats another long story!

*sorry if I embrassed you last friday;p

Unknown said...

That was a good post. Keep posting in the summer. And I do read your blog. I read everyones.

Unknown said...

HOw did science Olympiad go?

UTBreastroker said...

Not to bad... It could have been better...

Mads said...

Hey Matt!!! So, you and I no longer go to the same school. Weird isn't it? Haha. Just thought I would say hi. You should keep up with your blog. It is a good way for all of us to keep in touch! Have a great summer! I will tell you as soon as I know what is going on with the Olympiad party.