Sunday, May 11, 2008

Miscellaneous

Well hitting on what I said in my last blog- Music- well I guess that I am really trying to hit on media in general- there is really not much out there that you can go watch and totally just leave your chair and go into some place that is not even close to reality, someplace that you can just go to and leave everything behind, and think of some other place that you almost wish to be a part of. Someplace that you can be something that does not seem like any other place in the world today, maybe it was the world 200 years ago, back in the old west, when the only thing that you really had to worry about was whether or not your horse had been stolen while you were in the Hotel or if when you walk out into the street someone’s going to shoot you in the back (at least if you are John Wayne..) But any ways, how many things have seen that just take you right out of your seat?

Still on the media note- How many of you have seen Iron man? I think that movie was one that came really close to just taking me over into some other world that I wish I belonged to, well, I guess it did actually. Wouldn’t that kind of technology be fun to be a part of making? I mean, that little arc reactor thingy, that would be totally awesome! I kind of wish that I had the brain to do something like that, but unfortunately, there are only a small hand-full of people that are able to do that. I am so excited to know that there is a second one coming out though! Does anybody have any guesses what it is going to be about this time?

Here’s one of my discussion board responses…


Something that really hit me was, well, I guess the fact that both characters learned that they weren't the only people in the world that were facing challenges, and if all of the world's troubles were piled into a giant pile and divided equally among everybody, they would rather have their own back that they started with. I think that sometimes we all have a hard time remembering that we aren't the only thing that is important in this life- we have to think of others and help them- it is the only way we will be able to cope with our problems in the end, and it is the only way we can learn. By standing strong and facing our own "stack" of problems we can set an example for others and keep fighting the ever growing possibility of being "run over" by the world.

And another…

Well I do agree with the article in most if not all of its statements- but I don't really see any of these things really "creeping" into my life. I don't really text that much as I don't have a phone, and when I do it just seems habit to right EVERYTHING out, that's right I mean EVERYTHING including punctuation, it takes longer, but, well, you know me. I never have really have personally caught onto emoticons as I would rather just say what I mean than have to make other people try to figure out what I am talking about (or what I just said) when I have already moved on in the conversation. Now computers are an interesting thing in our day and age- and I have to admit that they make writing something like this, or especially an essay, much easier. Although I have noticed that my ideas seem to come out better onto paper than they do onto a computer screen.

No comments: